- 700ml Strong Black Coffee
- 70g Brown Sugar
- 10g Gelatin Powder
- 250ml Condensed Milk
- 25g Dark Chocolate
- Place the gelatin in a bowl and add a splash of water and whisk until combined. Allow to sit for a few mins until the gelatin has re-hydrated and bloomed.
- Place your coffee in a bowl and add sugar and gelatin and whisk until thoroughly combined and your sugar and gelatin has fully dissolved into the coffee.
- Pour your coffee jelly into cups or molds and place them in the refrigerator for 4-6hrs until fully set.
- When ready to serve, remove your coffee jelly from the fridge and add approximately 2tbsp of condensed milk along with some grated or shaved chocolate for garnish.
- This recipe is incredibly quick and easy, and is great for dinner parties when you have a large crowd to feed. The dish is largely inspired by Vietnamese Coffee, where you have a cup of condensed milk and hot filtered coffee being slowly dripped on top.
- If possible, use the best quality coffee that you can afford for this recipe as the better the coffee the better the end result will be.
- Ensure that your coffee is piping hot before you add your sugar and gelatin, otherwise they won’t fully dissolve and be incorporated into your coffee.
- This recipe should produce enough coffee jellies for 4-6 servings.