- 3 Green Zucchini (washed, and trimmed)
- 3 Yellow Zucchini (washed, and trimmed)
- 2 Spring Onions (washed, trimmed, and sliced)
- 1 Lemon (zest finely grated, and juiced)
- 1tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 3tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1tbsp Lemon Juice
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut the zucchini into long, thin ribbons.
- Add your Dijon mustard, olive oil, lemon juice into a bowl and whisk until emulsified. Add salt and pepper, check the seasoning and adjust to your taste.
- Fill a large pot with water, add a generous amount of sea salt and heat under high heat until rapidly boiling.
- Place your zucchini in batches into the boiling salted water for 5 seconds, until bright green or yellow and cooked al dente. Remove and place it on a colander to steam and allow the excess water to drain off.
- Place your zucchini and green onions into a bowl and dress in your vinaigrette. Toss until well combined and place your salad into a serving dish or bowl.
- This is a nice dish to prepare during the summer when summer squash are in season, their full of flavour, healthy, abundant and cheap!
- When picking and choosing zucchini, look for ones that aren’t too big and about 6-8 inches in length and still relatively thin. They should feel heavy for its size and the skin should be dark green or yellow and smooth and free of any bruises or blemishes.
- It’s important to cook your zucchini for exactly 5 seconds and no more. Since the zucchini ribbons are so thin, even a few seconds extra in the boiling water will overcook them causing them break apart.
- It’s important to dress your zucchini in the vinaigrette while still warm so that the dressing permeates through the pores of the zucchini and everything becomes well seasoned.